The Local Government Commission (LGC) and the National Center for Conservation Science and Policy (NCCSP) are working through grants from the Kresge Foundation to help develop recommendations for an adaptation strategy for the Fresno County region that will put the region in a better economic position as the climate continues to change.
The goal is to develop strategies that cohesively consider economics, health, culture, social needs, transportation, infrastructure, ecosystem services, and natural resources.
- Final Report: Integrated Strategies for a Vibrant and Sustainable Fresno County (PDF, 3.5 MB)
- Toward a Vibrant, Prosperous and Sustainable Fresno County: Vulnerability and Adaptation in the Midst of Rapid Change
- Executive Summary (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Full Technical Report (PDF, 3.8 MB)
- Future Climate Conditions in Fresno County and Surrounding Counties (PDF, 8.4 MB)
- September 23, 2010
Fresno Climate Change Adaptation Stakeholder Meeting
Recording of Stakeholder Meeting (MP3, 1hr 58min, 56.8 MB)
- October 21, 2010
Fresno Climate Change Adaptation Decision-Maker Roundtable Discussion